Being a world class birthing centre, it is needless to say that offer excellent obstetric care services ranging from routine to high risk antenatal care. With a good back up from the fetal medicine and neonatology departments, we can assure a safe transit for your baby from the womb to the world outside so that you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy, delivery and post delivery period.
- Normal delivery
- Painless delivery – epidural analgesia
- Continuous electronic fetal monitoring during delivery
- Forceps / vaccum delivery
- Cesarean section
- Postnatal care and exercise
Pre-natal Invasive Diagnostic Tests
Chorionic Villous Sampling
Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling
Single gene studies, Karyotyping
Karyotyping, single gene studies, Infection screening
Fetal Blood transfusion
Rh Isoimmunisation/other fetal anaemia
Bladder outlet obstructions
- Fetal autopsy aids USG in reaching a final diagnosis in babies with structural abnormalities.
- An accurate diagnosis helps in predicting the recurrence risk for each couple
- Fetal autopsy is carried out by fetal medicine specialists with special training in fetal autopsy.
First Trimester Screening
- All the consultants performing the NT scan are accredited with Foetal Medicine Foundation, UK
- Every pregnancy either normal/assisted carries a risk of anueploidies. A 12th week scan which measures the NT and combines it with maternal serum BHCG & PAPP-A is used to determine the risk of each individual woman. An increased risk would require INVASIVE TESTING
- A unique feature of the first trimester scan is that it allows us to pick up major structural anomalies at the earliest.
- A sophisticated high end USG machine with state of the art 3D & 4D capabilities is used to detect congenital abnormalities in the foetus.
- This scan is usually done at 18 to 22 weeks and has a high sensitivity to pick up malformations.
- After ensuring that the foetus is both structurally and genetically normal, the next important step is to ascertain adequate growth and development of the foetus. This is achieved through serial Doppler assessment which scrutinises well being of the foetus.
A highly specialized evaluation of the foetal heart is done at 20-22 wks gestation.
1) Previous child with heart disease
2) Mother with heart disease
3) Mother with G.D.M.